PMI EURAM Project Organizing SIG Partnership Grant - Applications open 1 October - 8 December 2018
PMI Sponsored Research Program Grant - Applications open 1 February - 25 April 2019
PMI Thesis Research Grant - Applications open 1 April - 15 May 2019
More information on PMI grant programs is available at https://www.pmi.org/learning/academic-research/sponsored
Request for Proposals: 1 October-8 December 2018
PMI is pleased to announce its Request for Proposals (RFP) for 2019 research funding directed to members of EURAM’s Project Organizing (PO) SIG and its Strategy SIG. The specific topic of the proposal must fall within the general theme of projects and innovation. We invite proposals from scholars who are members of the EURAM PO SIG to apply as a principal investigator, together with a Co-PI from the EURAM Strategy SIG.
We encourage thoughtful and innovative proposals for new research on the interface between project management and innovation, with few notable exceptions. We do not accept submissions focused on mathematical/operations research topics with little or no direct application. This includes research whose rationale does not stem from real world issues or that does not include empirical testing on actual projects. We will entertain proposals on macro level perspectives.
Research proposals submitted for consideration MUST:
- Address the extent to which the outcomes of the project are “practitioner-ready.” The research needs to demonstrate the direct contribution to practice, not simply a discussion of implications.
- Have a theoretical framework which must be explicitly identified in the proposal.
Methodology should properly match the research question. Quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods approaches are given equal consideration provided that the selected methodology produces the data to achieve the project aims and that it is sufficiently elaborated in the proposal. Single and multiple case studies will also be given consideration for funding.
Total funding for this program is US$50,000. (41000€). PMI reserves the right to deny funding if the Review Committee does not deem any proposal worthy of financial support.
Required deliverables will provide comprehensive discussion of the study’s results and outcomes.
- The final report should address the study’s objectives, methodology, the literature in which the research question is grounded, the analysis and results. It should demonstrate clearly what you have done and with what outcome. The report should be suitable for online publication as a white paper for posting on https://www.pmi.org/, and should be directed primarily to practitioners.
- Primary article suitable for submission to the Project Management Journal
- Paper submission to/presentation of results at EURAM’s Annual Conference
- 1-hour Webinar for a practitioner audience that PMI will assist in organizing
1 October – 8 December 2018 Call for Proposals
1 February 2019 1st Round Notification
15 April 2019 2nd Round Proposal Due
1 June 2019 Final Decision
15 July 2019 Contract signed/Project initiation
Preliminary proposals will be accepted between 1 October and 8 December 2019. For detailed information on eligibility criteria and submission guidelines, please visit www.PMI.org/SponsoredResearch.
We appreciate receiving any teaching resources that you have developed or used. It can be a simple classroom activity, a list of discussion questions, a class or individual assignment, or a bibliography for a case study.
In the resource description tell us the course in which you have used it (e.g., introductory PM course or communications course) and how you have used it. Please do not upload any copyrighted material for which you do not hold the copyright.